Thursday, July 9, 2009

First run since WS

Last night, while I was waiting for my wife to arrive to sign the paperwork for the new car, I had a little time to kill. And, it was "only" drizzling - the nicest weather in quite a while. So, I snuck in a 3 mile run. My left leg/hamstring felt terrible. I think the main problem is that ever since WS, I've stopped stretching and foam rolling the leg.

So, I need to get back to those activities. But, it's now been 10+ weeks since the injury and things are far from normal.

I'll lift today and tomorrow, and then run again on Saturday. Sunday, I'm hoping to get in a bike ride and my wife wants to go rock climbing. Hopefully, the weather will be good enough to fit both of those into the day.

The new car is lots of fun so far, but I'm curious to see how it does on fuel. It has the same fuel efficiency rating as my 2004 WRX, and if I get the same mileage, I'll be happy. I still question whether this car or any car that exists is environmentally consistent with the things I love to do in my life - being outside in nature - but that's not an issue I'll probable ever fully resolve on my own.

No comments: