Tuesday, February 16, 2010

What an unusual feeling

All day yesterday, I was itching to do my workout. I haven't been excited to do a workout in quite a while. During the weekend, I was feeling exhausted, but a lot of that was probably stress related to the crowds at Sugarbush. When the mountain is crowded, I have to be extremely vigilant to make sure my students are safe and that they don't get lost. It's interesting how I get into a zone on days like this, focusing just on my group, and being almost oblivious to the rest of my surroundings. I only notice if the mountain is crowded when we hit the lift lines.

Anyway, given how I felt by the end of Sunday, I wasn't sure I'd even want to work out yesterday. But, all day I was anxious to run. Given our recent lack of snow, I was hoping to run outside. But, I had a few things to do around town after work, and by the time I got home, it was too late to run outside. So, I went to the gym and used the treadmill.

I did a short run, just like last week, with some 1-minute repeats at hard effort. Last week, I started at an 8:00mpm pace and gradually dropped to 7:30 pace. This week, I took a longer rest between each repeat, but I started at 7:30 pace and dropped to 7:00 pace by the end. Not too many miles, but it was a good workout.

Tonight I'll lift and tomorrow, I'll run outside after work and before my guitar lesson. However, if we get enough snow today, running outside might not be safe tomorrow. I'm just happy to feel healthy enough again that I'm looking forward to my workouts.

No comments: